We believe in building relationships and going the extra mile to help students achieve their goals!
Our mission at Achieve Tutoring Center (ATC) is to create a positive learning climate that promotes self-confidence and success for students to achieve their goals.
What We Do
Achieve Tutoring Center provides tools to students that empower them to achieve their goals and take control of their learning
- Create a positive learning environment
– Provides a deeper understanding of content
– Promotes self-confidence
– Reinforces good habits allowing for future success
- How we do it
– An overall goal is individualized for each client that comes to ATC. With that goal in mind, each session has its own learning target to achieve and is evaluated to drive the focus of the next session.
Brenda is the founder and owner of Higher Horizons Tutoring in Holland which specializes in working with students who struggle with dyslexia. She recently added Achieve Tutoring as a second tutoring location to continue to support students in the greater Grand Rapids area. She has over 20 years of experience in education as a classroom teacher, reading instructional teacher and interventionist. She and her husband have 4 adult children. Three of her family members are dyslexic so she knows first hand the struggles some students face.
The Achieve Difference
Achieve Tutoring Center offers a very different experience from anything else that is around. Here are some of the things that makes Achieve Tutoring Center the best tutoring choice for students:
- Locally owned and operated by an educator and team that cares about students.
- The owner, Amy, has 20 years of experience in education.
- This is not a canned program. Each student is assessed individually and best teaching practices are used to help achieve goals.
- We have ongoing connections with area schools and offer to coordinate strategies with teachers to make the most of our time with students.
- All tutoring is one-on-one unless requested otherwise and in private tutor rooms.
- Your child has 100% of the tutor’s focus for a full hour.
- Tutors update parents at the end of every session of what was accomplished and what may still need to be done.
- We understand and help handle issues like test anxiety, study skills, and homework completion.
- Amy offers free counseling for parents on how to advocate for their kids in school.
- Each tutoring session has a plan submitted to the owner 24 hours before tutors meet with clients. Plans are created based on notes from previous sessions and monitoring of online grades.
- A therapy dog works with one of the tutors to help students relax so they may learn.