We believe in building relationships and we will go the extra mile to help students achieve their goals!
Achieve Tutoring Center offers a very different experience from anything else that is around.
This is not a canned program. The center is run by an experienced educator and best teaching practices are used to help achieve goals for students in Jenison, Grandville, Hudsonville, Allendale, Zeeland, and other nearby districts.
Spanish tutors work with Spanish immersion students and secondary students taking Spanish. Call us for more information.
Expert tutors reteach subjects, monitor grades, teach study skills, and encourage students to be their best.
Does your child do well in class but poorly on tests? We can provide strategies to lesson anxiety, improve study skills, and connect you with other support services if needed.
Our tutors develop individual student plans to improve both of these important skills.
The Achieve Difference
Achieve Tutoring Center offers a very different experience from anything else that is around. Here are some of the things that makes Achieve Tutoring Center the best tutoring choice for students:
- Locally owned and operated by an educator and team that cares about students.
- The owner, Amy, has 20 years of experience in education.
- This is not a canned program. Each student is assessed individually and best teaching practices are used to help achieve goals.
- We have ongoing connections with area schools and offer to coordinate strategies with teachers to make the most of our time with students.
- All tutoring is one-on-one unless requested otherwise and in private tutor rooms.
- Your child has 100% of the tutor’s focus for a full hour.
- Tutors update parents at the end of every session of what was accomplished and what may still need to be done.
- We understand and help handle issues like test anxiety, study skills, and homework completion.
- Amy offers free counseling for parents on how to advocate for their kids in school.
- Each tutoring session has a plan submitted to the owner 24 hours before tutors meet with clients. Plans are created based on notes from previous sessions and monitoring of online grades.
- A therapy dog works with one of the tutors to help students relax so they may learn.
Here is just a few of our most frequently asked questions.
Please feel free to contact us with any question you may have. We are always here.
How long is a session?
Most tutoring sessions are one hour long. During that time your child is in a private tutor room working one-on-one with the tutor who is focusing exclusively on teaching what your child needs. Occasionally, families prefer to book two hour sessions when students’ schedules are tight.
How much does a session cost?
Since we have private tutoring rooms space is limited. The cost is $55/hour with discounts for new clients and for those who prepay for a set number of sessions.
Why is this a good value for secondary students?
With secondary students we not only reteach concepts, we teach study skills and organizational skills to encourage independent success. We also monitor online grades. This gives another layer of accountability to the students and another person to help them keep up on assignments, know when tests/quizzes are coming up, and celebrate successes with them!
What sets you apart?
Achieve Tutoring Center is unlike anything else available. Other centers will typically have all the students in one large room with multiple students to one tutor. Additionally, Achieve Tutoring Center is run by an experienced educator not someone who wanted to open a franchise without any educational background. We use best teaching practices to reach our students and we are constantly monitoring progress.
Why is this a good value for elementary students?
We go above and beyond what is expected to ensure growth for all of our students. For elementary students we coordinate what we do at the center with what is happening in the classroom. This allows us to work as a team and waste very little time. Additionally, the owner will help parents navigate how to best communicate with the school and how to advocate for their child when needed.